First organized in 1987 as a chapter of the Romance Writers of America under the name Romance Writers of America, Massachusetts, the organization’s name was formally changed to Romance Writers of America, New England Chapter in 1990. On October 1, 2020, the organization officially disaffiliated from Romance Writers of America to become an independent romance writing organization under the new name, New England Romance Writers. We are a non-profit trade association organized in order to:
- Advance the professional interests of career-focused romance writers through education, networking and advocacy;
- Encourage diversity, achieve equity, and foster inclusion among the corporation’s members and in the romance genre;
- Educate the general public and others on the breadth and diversity within the romance genre;
- Present the viewpoints of career-focused romance writers to the public and other interested parties;
- Provide services to NERW’s members; and
- Advance NERW’s interests and influence.