Join NERW/Renew Your Membership
Thank you for your interest in membership in New England Romance Writers. We are eager to meet you, and to have you join and engage with our community of dedicated professional romance writers.
NERW's membership year runs from January 1st through December 31st. Membership is $25 for 2021. Membership dues are not prorated for members who join later in the year. There is a $20 surcharge for returned checks.
Members will receive the following benefits:
- Access to our network of experienced and knowledgeable New England-area romance writers, including RITA nominees and winners, USA Today bestselling authors, and some of the most innovative independent publishers in the business
- Monthly meetings on the craft and business of writing, all free of charge to members
- Critique groups and partners for writers of all levels
- The opportunity to participate in NERW-sponsored community signings and readings
- Access to our private email loop, Facebook group, and membership directory
- Business information vital to all authors, whether you work with a traditional publisher, a small press, publish independently, or all of the above
HOW TO JOIN NERW:
Fill out our online membership application form. We are able to accept payments by cash, check, and PayPal. Payment information is at the bottom of the membership form. Please note that when you click the link for PayPal, it will say "Romance Writers of America, Inc." We are working on updating our account information with PayPal, but rest assured, your PayPal payment will go to New England Romance Writers!
After submitting the membership application form, you will be asked in the confirmation message to participate in a brief, anonymous survey of demographic information so that NERW can track the diversity of its membership. We would greatly appreciate your responding to this survey, which can also be found at the following link: https://forms.gle/k4FTQohNDfQqfhZbA.
A print version of the membership form is available upon request. Please email [email protected].
New England Romance Writers will select and/or serve its members, officers, directors, employees, contractors, speakers, and other persons served on a nondiscriminatory basis with respect to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, body size, age, religion, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, immigration status, employment status, marital status, pregnancy status, ability or disability, genetic information, veteran status, socioeconomic status, and political affiliation.
According to IRS requirements, dues and donations to NERW are not deductible as a charitable expense, but may be deducted as a business expense--check with your accountant.