NECRWA’s Annual Conference, “Let Your Imagination Take Flight,” is happening earlier than usual this year—on April 7th and 8th. Are you ready? At this month’s meeting, members of NEC’s Conference Committee will help you prepare, giving brief presentations on
• What’s new at conference this year
• What first-time attendees can expect/should do to get ready
• What to expect during an agent/editor appointment (including some role-playing between your President and your conference Editor/Agent Coordinator)
• How to preparing for a book signing
• How not to lose your mind/cool at conference, especially if you are an introvert
We’ll then break out into smaller groups to talk about these issues in more depth; you choose which topic group to join.
And we’ll end by practicing elevator pitches. Even if you are not meeting with an editor or agent at conference, it helps to have an “elevator pitch” ready to share with fellow conference goers. (Elevator pitch = the two or three sentences you offer when you meet a fellow conference attendee in the elevator, or in line for dinner, or waiting in the bathroom, and that person asks, “So, what are you working on?”) Bring your own elevator pitch for your current WIP and we’ll practice by sharing them with each other, and giving each other constructive feedback.